Friday, January 31, 2003

Best dog EVAR

Well, we had to put Vanessa to sleep today. Boo. :( She was an old dog (close to 14), and was becoming more and more deprived of her abilties and health as time went on. Finally this morning she just sort of ran out of steam and we had to put her down (twisted stomach--which was something that I thought only happened to the Simpsons' dog--was actually what was about to kill her, but she also was fighting off a cancer and bad arthritis). Anyway, she was the best, tall-people-cowering-atest, sometimes-shitting-on-the-carpetest, cat-likingest dog ever. Three cheers to a great dog.

Sorry to be all depressing, but Vanessa was a kick-ass dog and I miss her. Hmm, what else has been going on in my life? Oh, yeah.

Mini-Review: NARC

I saw this movie 'cause me and Janice were bored and I thought that Ray Liotta (No Escape) looked totally cool in the poster. Kind of like my brother-in-law if my brother-in-law were a 6-foot-plus hulking badass with a shotgun, which he is a cool guy, but he is not quite that. Anyway, what I learned from this movie is that sometime Narc cops go BAD. And, if you have a new partner, DON'T QUITE TRUST HIM because there MAY be SOMETHING FISHY going on. He may have a PERSONAL STAKE in the CASE. I also learned that for some reason everything in Detroit is blue. Actually, you could tell it was shot in Los Angeles because, to judge from the constant camera shaking, there were earthquakes going on for 90% of the filming. Also I learned that Busta Rhymes is not too bad as an actor! (Hint: if you ever wanted to see Busta Rhymes get beat up, this might be your movie.) Anyway, final grade is about a C+/B-. It was fun, I like Ray Liotta, it wasn't brain surgery, I wouldn't pay to see it again.

(Note: this movie is unrelated to the video game NARC. I was hoping Ray Liotta and Jason Patric would fight a boss who constantly shot syringes at them, but it was not to be.)

John Wayne

John Wayne fucking rules. I am serious. He is my new guy. I'd never seen any movies with him in them before but at work I've seen several in the last few days and I really enjoyed them all. He's always really sort of cheesy and the same character (even in his earliest movies, when he's only 25 or 30, he's still playing the same roles), but those movies are constructed to be watchable and entertaining and they're really good at it! So, keep an eye out for this new guy, John Wayne! I predict great things from him in future!

Teh Onion

OK, anybody read this article?

U.N. Orders Wonka To Submit To Chocolate Factory Inspections

Ah, goodness.