Friday, December 06, 2002

I HATE COMPUTERS b/w MY DSL WAS REAL EASY TO SETUP

This has been one of those *real* frustrating computer days. I work until 8pm, Fry's closes at 9pm, so I raced down to M.B. and just got into Frys before they closed. I had heard my DSL modem came in the mail, so I wanted to pick up a cheap Ethernet Card - tried Radio Shak, and they had one for like $25 bucks. Ha, no. So, I found this bundled ethernet card AND switcher/hub thingy for $20 bucks, so thats what I got. I don't really need the hub, but my folks do, so I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one frikkin stone. FUCK. I can't for the life of me get my Dad's computer hooked up through this switch. I spent almost 2 hours fucking with it, and nada. My mom's MAC was working fine through the device, but I had NO LUCK with the pc. Any ideas? Any fuckin website I can go to that will explain it to me?

My computer. The DSLExtreme bizatch told me I'd be "live" on Dec 10th. Well, heh- its working right now! I can't tell how fast it is- i mean, its hella faster, but I haven't fully tested it, so we'll see. Dude: After I installed my new ethernet card (easy as shit), all I had to do for this dsl was plug in a filter they gave me between the wall plug and my phone. Then plugged the modem into the computer. Then it worked. Thats it. I went in to my control panel and setup my email, etc, and POW. So, WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T I GET IT TO WORK AT MY DADS HOUSE! WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME COMPUTERS! :(

Alright- gotta test this shit out- LATE