Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Crazee Nutzecles

RUDY MANNINGS your fucking nutz! Lots of Luv player.

But you gotta lay off the crack pipe. Your cable provider not providing DSL you say? That's odd since they should provide cable modems... =) Ethernet cards are cheap and abundant. You shouldn't have to get anything though. If you get DSL, they SHOULD provide the initial installation, that comes with a DSL modem box, and an ethernet card OR a choice of a pcmcia card (for laptops). Mine were usually offered for free due to some promotion, but installation fees run you ~40-80 bucks. one time setup fee. If you are looking to do it yourself, your in one hell of a job ahead of you. I'd call eric to come over and maybe help with the install as you may have to run a couple of phone wires. Hope your DSL is fast around your area! Otherwise ethernet cards should run you 10-15 bucks for a no namer brand, or spend about 30-40 bucks buying a kingston, usrobotics, or netgear card. The only difference is the driver support... especially in the future.

Eric: I've been contemplating gun running and dope smuggling. We can run a pirate ship off the barbary coast! (Suddenly wakes up)

well reality is the gaming industry is hard to break in and is run by a small elite. I would even go as far to say the people that works there are assholes. I called Blizzard tech support once and they treated me like shit. And to be honest that tech support dude could probably care less if I quit buying their games. He probably fields hundreds of calls a day. Anyhow, First, I would concentrate on high tech gaming companies, such as Blizzard, Acclaim, EA sports, Hasbro and such. Companies with royalties up the ass from successful titles in the past or current. You certainly don't want to go digging in companies like broderbund (old failing companies). I don't think you'll make it as a graphics designer or a programmer, so I would probably leverage your technical administration skills in applying for a network administrator job. Internet gaming based companies are looking for those, eg Blizzard (check out their website) Origin etc. Also keep in mind you might need to relocate.
Anyways, I thought about gaming as well and have tried this avenue.

Ryan: DAng dude, glad to know your alive!!! So your mom still washes your clothes eh? =D

Sony Playstation 2: Went up to metreon tonight and debated with my cousin what's better: PS2 or Xbox. Then I was playing some games on the PS2. They had about 20 PS2's for people to play with different titles on display. There were some pretty cool games, like UFC. It was pretty realistic. You can grapple and punch people on the ground and stuff. I'd say definitely PS2 wins the number of games but I think Xbox did the right thing to allow 4 controller devices and is the pioneer in internet and laplink capabilities. As of right now, I think I'd rather buy an xbox.

Whew, alright night all. Write some intelligent shit. I'm getting bored at work.
Jael