Saturday, December 22, 2012

| Star Wars anal... ysis

I always enjoy how kids have these very unencumbered views of things. They are still being taught how to think like an adult and integrate into society, as a result they often think very differently than adults. Some of it is nonsense or just impractical, but some of it is very interesting perspectives worth thinking on.

I think jr0n's explanations on the Jabba scenes seem pretty solid. I feel much the same way.

With regards to Anakin/Luke mix up, I can see how he would have a hard time with that. I had a hard time understanding the Luke becoming Vader reference. I really just did not follow the reference and it scared me as a kid. Then again, I was a dolt when it came to deeper meanings in stories and symbolism until I was we'll into HS. Okay I can still be hopelessly naive about these things sometimes.

If you go back to the prequels, I highly suggest you go to the Prequel remixes. Like the No Jar Jar Episode remix. At least that will make it more palatable.

Speaking of remixes, based on the reviews, I have decided to avoid the Hobbit. Sad? yes. but not wholly unexpected. I was Leary when they announced a few years back that it would be a 2 movie pieces, but when they announced it would be 3, I pretty much gave up all hope. Boo. I think I will wait for all three to come out and for someone to remix it as a one 2-hour movie edit. Then it may be worth while. Funny, I preferred the extended version of LotR, but I think a foreshortened version of Hobbit is really going to much better based on what I am hearing.

fArt, I agree about the high refresh rate on LCD and RPTV. The idea is to smooth "motion blur" on the low pixel Grey to Grey (GtG) reaction times of LCD devices, but it just created a weird plasticy video cam quality. I think the TVs that employ this technology now have become much better at making this blending more natural, but it still doesn't jive with purists. I haven't seen the 48fps theater projections yet, but reviews seem mixed. So I'll reserve judgment until I see one. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie studios eventually use it as a new means to add more tiered pricing, like 3D (yuck), to squeeze more money from movie goers :(

D>M>