Saturday, December 22, 2012

| Day After Tomorrow

I have totally been wrapped up in family stuff the last few days, so didn't get to comment on the end of the world, or the Hobbit.

On 12-21-12, we took the kid snowboarding. We didn't do any snow play ourselves, but we brought a bunch of board games and played in the lodge. It was pretty fun. Only one little kid stared at us playing Rivals of Catan and asked "what is that game?" in a confused voice. No one else seemed to even notice so didn't lose any cool points. As we left that evening, sunset looked CRAZY and for an instant I thought maybe it really was the end of the world. We stopped at Spaghetti Factory on the way home and I seriously wondered if that was gonna be my last meal ever. (It was delicious!)

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet but I kinda do out of morbid curiosity. The movie Thor is usually demoed on those weird frame rate TVs at Best Buys etc, and that shit looks ridiculous. I've seen Thor, so I remember how it looked, but in that weird super high def, it's almost exactly how Enoto described the Hobbit. Soap opera/stage play SUPER fake looking. I don't "like" it in the least, but I find it hard to turn away. So I feel like I have to see The Hobbit that way.