Wednesday, December 19, 2012

| Is this mid-life crisis yet?

More like Middle EARTH-life crisis, ya feel me ladies?

I'm excited to take some classes in Feb at the Burbank Adult school. I'm THAT guy now! Fuck it, they sound fun. This is the line up I think I'm gonna shoot for: Beginning Acting, Beginning Photography, and Intro to Screenwriting!

Even though I'm an old photog-pro from my High School days (the dark room bandit...), I cannot for the life of me get a grasp on F-Stop and ISO stuff yet. I have a great book on photography and Enron has given me great advice, but I still fall back on Auto. I gotta get past that.

The acting seems fun because I did a short stint of "background" work when I was jobless a few years ago. It was awesome! I live in  Burbank where they shoot most of these shows, so I might consider trying to get little jobs here and there on my days off for extra money and adventures. You don't need to actually ACT when you do background, but it still sounds exciting and probably helps with public speaking and that kind of shit.

The screenwriting class sounds cool because I had this awful dream the other day that I woke up and frantically wrote down. While I was living through the dream, it was the most interesting story in the world. As I quickly wrote it out, and it so hilariously bad. It would be cool to know the formatting and ins and outs of screenplays so I can sell these gems for BANK.

In the dream, I was back in high school, walking around the track for PE with iJon or some nameless friend. The football team was practicing in the middle of the field. I think a cheerleader picked up the ball and through it the length of the field - everyone was all amazed. And of course, I caught it. So the dream went through the whole story of how we had to train with the team, and they hated us at first, but came around to loving us because we probably won some big dumb game. I woke before the end but it was headed in that direction.