Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking forward to trying out Star Wars. I scored Netrunner and Le Havre for Xmas, looking forward to playing both. As for Dominant Species, the board game was one of the most unpleasant gaming experiences I've had, so I hope the card game is better or it's getting the Tech Support treatment!

I also got a sweet present from Myke that I suspect will be a hit at the cabin...

Sorry you missed out enr0n. It was a blast, albeit sorely lacking in Action Team support. Was great to shoot the shit with Ryan. We cut the Poop Deck part a bit short because they wouldn't let Matt in with his infant son (go figure, they apparently have one standard and that is it).

Tomorrow we head back north. We stayed a bit longer than we planned because the babysitting was too good to pass up. Bonus sleep! We grabbed some tasty, tasty lomo saltado tonight, and caught Django Unchained. Good stuff!

I got this really dumb but fun game called Life Is Magic. It's a grindy fantasy rpg that uses local map data, so you'll go to some taverny-looking building and it will be The Kettle. The big cities have towers that are really tough to conquer and you need buddies to help.