Thursday, December 27, 2012

| Ho Ho Ho, no hobo

Merry Christmas you guys! Hope everyone's holiday went well. I scored a sweet Horse Head mask from my wife, so all is right in the world. I also bought us a Roku which turned out to be one of my best buys yet. We can stream netflix from our xboxes and ps3, but the Roku lets us actually watch HBO Go stuff on the tellie which is kind of amazing. Everyone episode of all their shows is on there, so it's paid for itself a billion times over. We watched the 6 hour mini series Angels in America this past week and it was really great. It's about mid 80's NYC and the AIDs epidemic. It straddles the line between humor, really serious stuff, and even a little fantasy. I thought it was fantastic. Homophobes, do not apply. Hobophobes, it should be okay.

Slowly spreading the boardgame virus to my in-laws. The only one that's really stuck is Ticket to Ride, but it was a big hit on Christmas Eve AND X-Mas day. One of my niece-in-laws was hanging with my wife the other day and we were able to get her into a BUNCH of boardgames! So now we've expanded out from 2-players to 3 in a bunch of stuff which was a fun experience. She liked Zooleretto, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride. Next time we're gonna bust out Stone Age and see how that sticks.

Man Con 2013 approaches! Hope everyone can still make it!