Friday, December 28, 2012

| Holiday Bits

r00d: I have been a big fan of my Roku. They are small and pretty slick. Much more stable than either the Xbox or PS3 for Netflix streaming and the interface is pretty easy to work. The thing is super small too. If I had to complain about anything, I would say the unit is too light weight. My HDMI cable is a little too rigid and so the Roku "hovers" above the shelf.

eLzar: I too very much enjoyed the Lagunitas Sucks. It is a pretty damn good seasonal beer. One I would like even out of season ;). I bought an array of beers while I was down in LA and enjoyed quite a few, including Pliny (never fails me), but I also hated a couple. Stay away from Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut line. Yuck. Admittedly, I had very low expectations of the Maple Bacon flavored beer, but the missus really wanted to try it. She also wanted to try the Peanut Butter one too, but I drew the line at that abominable idea. The Maple Bacon pretty much tasted like cardboard, carbonation and smokey peat moss. The warmer it got, the worse the smoke flavor. And it lingered for over an hour, over powering the next beer. On the other hand, Unibroue "La Terrible" (Dark Belgian - Toasty, Vanilla, Malty, Chocolatey, Surprisingly high Carbonation, great after flavor) and the Firestone "16th Anniversary" (Strong Ale - Syrupy, Choco-Coffee, almost Coconuty maybe and very smooth overall) were both excellent beers. I highly suggest both, if you like those types. Also had Velvet Merlin, although not for the first time. A nice beer too. Coincidentally, the special lady tried to order a cask version of the "Velvet Merkin" the other day and the cask went dry on her order :(

I am looking forward to some Dreadball at ManJuiceDietCon.

Sorry to hear about the lady friend barfing. The downside? no LA. The upside? no LA. tee hee hee.

I am so bummed I missed the Poo Deck. I started getting a dehydration headache while up in Venice around 1pm. By the time I got fluids in me, it was too late. I was a mess, trying not to vomit, by the time I got home. Bad move on my part. I hope everyone had a good time.

Got me a Kindle Paperwhite for Xmas. I was kind of on the fence for a while after trying the prior models, but I am very happy with this one. It feels right in my hands and is quite convenient on public transit, plus the navigation just seems easier on this version.

D>M>