Wednesday, September 21, 2011

| So. Much. Fun.

I would be willing to go so far as to entertain the idea of this event replacing conventions! I like conventions and all that, but I had a really freaking good time at this Bachelor-Con. Maybe it ended up costing a little bit more (MAYBE), but not much more than a con, and I think we actually played more games than at Kubla.

Sure, I like spending money at cons and I like looking at freaks at cons, but man, "CabinCon I" was a freaking blast.

At the very least, this should be an annual event. And I am having visions of everyone becoming rich to the point where we could purchase a shared interest in a cabin somewhere that we could all use for family vacations and a persistent CabinCon location... delusional, sure, but visions none the less.

Le Goon, FTW!

ERIC'S GAMING HIGHLIGHTS FROM CABINCON I:

- Making the finals of Slapshot, only to be physically manhandled by Johnny to the point where my revolving door of players kept getting worse, and worse, and Johnny - not so much.

- Gears of War with Enron, Jay, and Francis where we moved a total of 5 spaces into the entire 4 tile map, pulled and churned through every Locust on the board, spawned two additional emergence holes in the same spaces we were standing on, all being reduced to two or less cards in the first space of the board, and eventually succumbing to the Locust.

- Having my Galaxy Trucker crew reduced by 1/2 on one turn by a virus (because all their quarters were adjacent) and then reduced by the OTHER 1/2 the following turn, leaving my kick-ass round III spaceship with no crew right from the beginning. I need to name the ship and base all future Space Hulk missions in the derelict craft...

- Mostly maintaining friendships between games of Resistance. (though Jon STILL has not returned any of my calls though I have threatened killing myself until he does.)