Friday, April 22, 2011

Working on the night shift! Isn't that some classic rock jam? Well, that's what I'm doing! Anyways, as I stare blankly at my computer screen, I'm sending you all warm and wet wishes! I brought TWO bananas for a snack tonight. That seems like overkill. Ugh, orange I glad I brought two bananas? Pea-not, really. (I added that last food pun to the joke, working on it.)

In MC news because No Gnews is Good Gnews, I think the crash that happened around 11 was them pushing out a new version across all servers. It's real tumultous right now, so if you get in there, pull up the chat screen and /save-all often. I remember the last version sorted itself out after awhile, so hopefully we'll be more stable soon. Notch said he's working on a "map item" with "fog of war" "auto-mapping" - I'm guessing some kind of mini-map. Should be sweet! Don't forget to update your texture packs like enron said. Painterlypack.net was on the ball and I was able to set up some sweet "biome specific" grass and leaf stuff that I don't know what it actually means, but there's a ton of variety in my world. MY WORLD!

I'm drunk with night shift power. Working on the night shift... wooo.

Jorn, let's do some Portal 2 co-op whenever you get the game! I'm loving the single player and dragging it out, only playing like 1-3 levels a day, but I don't want to touch multiplayer until it's with a true bro.

PS: For Elrick, for the detector tracks, until there are pistons in the game, one use could be musical notes! You can have music play as the cart passes over those blocks. Neato. OR, you could have it trigger dispensers having it shoot snowballs, eggs, or even arrows!