Saturday, April 02, 2011

| Epic Cactus Quest

Aaron and I went on an epic 3 hour quest to find the elusive Cactus plant.

Along the way we found and cataloged some huge dungeons for later group fun. There was one incredibly neato mountain we came across with waterfalls and all that.. it was amazing. I took a screen shot of it, but I don't think it does it justice.

Lots of really interesting canyons, waterfalls.. fights with creepers, zombos, skeletons. The worst was the creeper who hid out on top of the tree canopy so we couldn't see him, and we were running around in this forest trying to escape and he jumped down right in the middle of us... AAAAAAAAAHHH! lol good times.

After wandering around 3500 blocks away from spawn, we got separated in the night. Aaron wound up locating a biome with cactus in it (FINALLY).. only to be shaken out of his hiding perch by a horde of angry skeletons, creepers and zombies. He fell to his untimely death.

But, I was able to locate his defensive tower and GOT THE CACTUS PLANT.

Along the way, we saw some new and interesting things, befriended a wolf which then promptly decided to go drown itself (I blame Aaron's B.O. for that).

Strangest find of the night had to be a pink sheep. I've never seen that before, lol.

So, stage two of the Epic Cactus Quest is to return home victorious with the seeds of the Cactus plant, to begin a farming operation at Castle Slaytanic so that we shall never want for Cactus again.



By complete and total chance, I made my night hideout tower right on top of a dungeon area. I was surrounded by no less than 10-15 monsters on the ground, which made for a fun sunrise when they caught fire!




Really cool mountain: