Sunday, April 03, 2011

There was an actual GURPS: Gilligan's Island at one of the earlier LA rpg conventions. It was around the first time I had heard about GURPS (maybe even around the birth of "guuuuuuuuuuuuuurps") and I remember seeing a little flyer in one of the lobbies for "GURPS: Gilligan's Island" and it saying you got to play one of the main characters from the show. It had some shitty generic clipart of like a sailboat and palm trees too, haha. I love that garbage like that gets a permanent spot in my brain's memory.

Cool cacti story, Art. That was a freaky looking mountain. It's always pretty impossible to tell when things are randomly awesome or glitchingly awesome. Yesterday morning I hopped on for about 20 mins and there was an ENORMOUS chunk of the ocean missing near the main castle. I thought Art had dug it out for some weird reason or that Enron was there making a secret base, but when I sailed over to it, it led right to the blue void. It was cool to see all the different layers and I was tempted to try and explore it, but it was most likely a glitch. It was gone when I checked later. I'd like to think stuff like that is programmed in on purpose as whirlpools or something. Maybe it is!