Thursday, March 31, 2011

YAY!

*wanders off to soothe Minecrack addiction*


Also, in other real life news.. the boy woke up, asked for a snack / food.. so we ate some food, played a little, then he asked for a mint. I've been giving him Tic Tacs to eat/suck on for a few weeks now without any issues. This time, however, he decides he's going to pull it out of his mouth and shove it up his nose..!? WHY!? Ugh, so despite trying to stop him from taking it out of his mouth and then lunging for his arm when he started shoving it up his nose.. there it was. And of course, I'm sure the "mintiness" was burning the hell out of his sinus. I could see the thing in his nose, just barely up in there around the corner.

Tried to get at it with some tweezers but the kid was thrashing around and freaking out so bad that I couldn't get a hold of the damned thing. If he would have just held still for 4 solid seconds, I could have grabbed it. Ugh.

So, grabbed a flat toothpick, used the back end of it to get behind the tic tac and lever it out of his nose.. but not before I had to pin one of his arms between my knees, the other one under him and then hold his head absolutely still with my free hand.

Popped it out, dude has a scratch in his nose but it stopped bleeding already. Now, back to sleeping after that stress, and I feel like I need an effing Xanax.