Wednesday, March 02, 2011

| Restrepo

I watched this really intense documentary on Netflix streaming the other night called "Restrepo". It was one of the docs nominated for an Oscar this year. A journalist and a photographer were embedded with this small unit in the most dangerous region of Afghanistan for about a year, and it's just about this tiny little outpost in the middle of the mountains there. They took fire every single day and it's just really intense. Similar to "The Hurt Locker" in that it shows you how people can get addicted to adrenaline and it just makes me wonder how anyone can come home to civilian life after being shot at constantly! It's really good.

I thought of that because I'm hooked on Battlefield Bad Company 2 like you guys are hooked on WoW. I put in maybe 60 hours into the 360 version of the game. Sold it. Then rebought it for $6 bucks on Steam and have put in close to 30 hours! So good.