Thursday, March 03, 2011

| And this just in...

So, Oblivion.

I'm tooling around the first main road that circles the city. Having a blast going through those ruins! I am ridiculously out-classed by most of the dungeons, only surviving by employing some serious tactical strategy, lol. First things first, had to break into the bow shop and get myself a nice bow (that I can't nearly afford yet!)

I also downloaded an Archery realism mod which makes things... tense. You can't really fire unless you are fully drawn, and that takes longer the more powerful the bow is. Also, getting hit while you are drawing breaks the action and you have to start over again.. so getting bum rushed is a problem. Also, having a distance fight with bad guys takes on a whole new level of challenge as you both jockey back and forth trying to disrupt the other guy. So fun! Also, adds critical hits for heads, center of mass and legs (fall over / trip). Penalties for moving at all, walking backwards makes you trip if you go over stairs, logs, bodies, etc.

I've run into a few areas / rooms where I have no business being that I've prevailed over (just barely, and only after a few attempts). And there are some that are just too crazy and will have to wait (notes made in journal).

Overall, absolutely loving it. Forgot how tense it is to sneak around and hide. Better Sneaking mod makes it even harder! But also adds the possibility of them losing you if you break line of sight and then re-hide.

At one point I was being chased by a necromancer who was trying to nail me with ranged attacks (that I was side-stepping some of the time). Dude chased me all the way back to the local inn, where I dove through the front door and hid behind the innkeeper's desk, lol. The necromancer charged in after me and found himself in a room full of adventurers who promptly whooped his ass. YAY! That was good fun.