Thursday, September 25, 2008

So I've had Warhammer Online for about a week now. Unfortunately my pc is below specs, so it runs choppy, freezes up and looses terxtures regularly. I can't even run the intro movie properly. I would have to get a new computer if I really wanted to immerse myself in play. Probably going to cancel after my free month play expires. If I upgrade my pc maybe I'll come back. That said here are my impressions:

It is focused on PvP play. Given the background it makes sense. If I understand it right, one could capture enemy cities, affecting access and such for the opposing side. Makes the world feel more dynamic. If you want solo/exploring adventures, I'm not sure how much they have for that.
Tome of Knowledge: basically a stat/achievement database. You get achievement rewards like Xbox games and keep track of every monster, kill, loot and quest you've encountered.
I've only made it to about 9th level, but so far the world doesn't feel as big and expansive compared to WoW (physical area).
I need more time with crafting.

Denis like:
- PvP better intergrated into the game and maps.
- Public Quests - as soon as you enter the area, the quest pops up. The quest cycles, so one could come to it at any point. rewards are given (provided the quest is completed) depending on amount of participation (amount of combat). The problem is that you have to be there prime time when more people are doing the quest. You can't finish these by yourself at 4 am (booooo).
- Dark Elf Witch Elves!

Denis don't like:
- Chaos warriors and marauders can only be male. You only worship Tzeench right now. Maybe the other chaos powers are for the expansion.