Friday, September 26, 2008

| Dresden & Braid

I read a bunch of the Dresden files books last year. They were perfectly suited for reading material during my commute to work. The books are light and easy to set down at anytime, which was ideal for Muni commutes due to the typically large number of distractions and interruptions. Usually, when I am on my way to work or on my way home from work, my brain is a little slow, so it worked out real nice. The books were predictable, somewhat cheesy and a bit of a guilty pleasure, but good for what they were.

Last weekend I decided to throw down some bones on the refresh of the Xbox 360 Pro, 60GB, and the new lowered price. I finally decided to move to the next generation console and put a fork in the GameCube and PS2. So far I am pretty happy. I picked up GTA4, of course, and an XBox live game called Braid. Braid is pretty cool. A little puzzle solving platformer with a pretty neat theme. Although, I thought the gf would be more into it. She likes the theme and the music, but the puzzles sort of irked her, which is odd. Either way I think it is a well designed game. There is an interesting feature that enables you to move backwards in time to undo mistakes and to interact with some objects that are unaffected by the time reversal. In some cases the puzzle can not be completed without some time shifting. jr0n I think you may have mentioned this game recently to me.

D>M>