Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I think it's pretty neat that you'll be able to stream Netflix movies through your xbox, and the kicker is that you'll be able to "watch it together" with up to 7 of your friends - they're making a new multi-person chat feature. You can join games together, watch movies, etc. But I think my problem is my internet connection. It's "broadband" but Netflix keeps telling me that my speed caps my viewing quality to "basic" - so I don't think it'd work better through the 360. Oh well, not a huge loss. I'm more into discs right now anyways.

One of the cool things about the early seasons of Lost is that a few of the writers and directors are alumni from Angel (and to a lesser extent Buffy.) And that actually carries over a little bit into Battlestar Galactica as well. I think it's the middle of the 2nd season of Lost that one of the executive producers who was from Angel left the show and if you're as big a nerd as me, you can kind of tell there's a shift in the overall tone and direction of the show. It's still an awesome show, but those bastards from Angel and Buffy make rad fun TV.

Haven't seen The Batman yet, but I will try this weekend. A friend told me it's loads better in the IMAX format (and that maybe some/all of it was shot to that aspect ratio anyways) so maybe I'll go balls out and see it that way. Last time I saw a fucking IMAX movie was something like "SPACE CAMP - YOU ARE IN SPACE CAMP" at some museum.