Sunday, December 23, 2007

| Skip-Bo, The Game Of "Fuck This Shit"

I was digging through the last of the old crap I left at my parents' place (looking for my Doomtown cards -- so far haven't found 'em) and I came across this old classic game "Skip-Bo" that somebody must have given me years ago. I decided to break it out and what a piece of shit. It's like somebody shit into a box, put it in cellophane, and made me keep in my closet for 10 years. Sometimes classic games aren't so classic. (Another example: Yahtzee. Also Yahtzee is better than Skip-Bo.)

I mean, what kind of name IS Skip-Bo? They don't explain the history of the game in the rules or anything. The best my sister and I could come up with was that the game was the work of Skip and Bo Duke (Skip Duke being a lesser-known cousin).

I also found a Playboy from 1996, a Maxim that must have been Enron's, and my old, broke-ass Dark Tower unit (death by battery acid). I wish that still worked... that game was awesome!

Definitely hope you can make it Rude! Give me a call. We'll probably be there from 3:00 on.