Saturday, December 29, 2007

| Overheating problems with my car

So my car is overheating again, but this time it seems more serious. Water jets up a little when the rad cap is off when i depress the gas switch. I overhauled the radiator, replaced the spark plugs, hoses but the problem persists. Is there a way to test the water pump? If so i'm wondering how, and then is there a difference between 1 row radiator and 2 rows? According to the company mechanic, he wants to try to replace the radiator first with a 2 row one. I'm wondering if more capacity of water would make a difference in the flow.
Actually I'm thinking it's something more serious like a bad gasket or a cracked head, which means I'll be needing a top overhaul soon... I don't see any oil in the water, but the water does get kinda fuzzy, and it's hard to tell if there's any water in the oil...

i'm pretty bummed, cuz it's not really the money, just that it's a real time hog to deal with these issues.

On the home front, I had to deal with a huge rat in the house. Rats are pretty common here and no I don't live in a jungle hut. Anyway, I tracked it down and we had a brief staredown. Then I proceeded to grab a 3 iron from my golf set and smashed his brains in one foul blow. As it's head exploded, it's blood flowed on my kitchen floor as its twitching body gave it's last movements.
Rats 0, Humans 1