Sunday, December 23, 2007

I am in Hawaii. Not to brag or nothin'...

Jon, this may be your last year to enjoy the Poop Deck. It is closing along with the Mermaid and Good Stuff. The owner of the property from whom the businesses leased, passed away. The inherited property was then sold for a pretty penny and I hear that there will be one of two businesses built in its stead: either 1) A hotel or 2) a Hard Rock Cafe! My vote would be to put your hands together, because frankly, fuck that city.

Not to be a killjoy, but I went to the Poop Deck recently and it sucked. I hadn't been there in a long while and it was full of a bunch of people who just turned 21, apparently they allow smoking there now, it smelled like stale Budwiser and piss and had absolutely no redeeming qualities to me... not even nostalgic or camp value. It will be missed by many though, just not me.

While I don't agree with Eric's complete hatred for Superbad, I only found it mildly amusing. I laughed really hard at the dicks part, but other than that, an occasional chuckle. I enjoyed Knocked Up way better. It was better scripted and just better done. Maybe it's because I already came of age, so to speak...