Thursday, July 19, 2007

| BR and BB

I took a quick listen to the new BR record on iTunes, and it seems pretty good on its own, but as like most of their later years work it just seems to be less charismatic or dynamic than the old albums. I don't know what it is, but newer punk albums just seem to lack something. Passion maybe? Anger? the DIY aspect? I dunno. I'll still probably buy it if I happen across it at the store.

BB has some really good songs, but like eLzar said, some of the lore is actually bigger than the work itself. HR? Just could never sink my teeth in that. I guess for the same reason I don't really dig Tim Armstrong, to reggae-ish for me. Then again I was not a big Rancid fan either because of his voice.

ConQuest sounds good to me. I think we ought to give it a test this year. I really am interested in what the turnout and the gaming complexion is like.

D>M>