Monday, July 16, 2007

Be forewarned, this may sound racist. I went and saw Die Hard 4 with my parents yesterday and I seriously cannot tell you how the movie was. I was totally distracted by the row of black people sitting behind us. Every time an intense scene came, the music swelling to a crescendo, the young lady sitting behind me would kick the shit out of my chair. Then, if there was a fight scene, they would yell things like, "That bitch got what she deserve (sic)," and "Oooooh, I know that hurt." When the big boss was finally killed at the end, the entire row of black people applauded and cheered. At one point, my step-father was so annoyed by the kicking of the chair, he slammed his back into his chair. The young bitch had the audacity to stare him down as we were leaving.

Granted, I probably should have gotten an usher or something, but as some of you know who have been the victim before, that usually leads to worse retaliation, so we let it go as much as we could.

This may sound humorous and all, especially if you know Terry, but what makes being inappropriate and bombastic part of their "culture"? And if being rude, obnoxious, having no sense of manners, class, or decorum, and behaving like a total douche is part of their culture, then their culture is fucked. I know that stereotypes are wrong, but sometimes I understand them. Some may crucify me for saying that and I am sorry, but it was really lame yesterday.

On a lighter note, I got the new Bad Religion record. I love it. I cannot stop listening to it. Something about Greg Graffin's voice, the four part harmonies, the nostalgia of it all makes me feel comforted. I love that band. They went through a phase where they were less than good, but with Brett Gurewitz coming back, and their new kick ass drummer... it's just a great record. I highly recommend it.

I am sad that you are moving, Eric. I was secretly hoping that you guys would change your mind... fooling myself, I guess. But, alas, I have to face the music. We have had a good run down here, had a lot of fun. Even though I know I'll see you guys only rarely (that's just the way it goes), hopefully we keep in touch, and I can find my way up there every once in a while. I'm sure if the South Bay could speak, it would apologize for sucking. I am happy for you guys though. I hella (do they still say that?) hope Nor Cal has everything you need.

I do pity you on the physically moving part, however. I hate that.