Monday, December 11, 2006

The main bummer/strike against a Firefly MMO is that it's being developed using a cookie-cutter MMORPG system called Meta-something. It's gonna be a cheap and user-friendly system for would-be designers to make their own MMO. And someone licensed Firefly for it. So, you know it's gonna be poop.

Rudy's Weekend Moviethon Wrapup!
1. Cars - Was pretty good. Least fave of the Pixar ones so far though. Kinda burnt that it was ALL cars and no animals or anything, but still a billion times better than any Shrek-type of movie.
2. Hostel - I actually liked this one. Wasn't EVEN as gorey as I remember hearing it was gonna be. Way better than friggin Saw, and I'm glad *minor spoiler* that it didn't really take place too long in the torture rooms like I thought it would. Liked the whole ending-section quite a bit.
3. The Descent - Cool spelunking-horror flick. Didn't live up to the hype for me of being "SO TERRIFYING OMG" but it was well-done and looked great (for what I'm sure was prolly a low budget.) Very little actual scares for me. I think John Carpenter movies freak me out more. Religious imagery and shit like that always scares me more than mole-men.
4. Green Street Hooligans - Oh, pretty bad. I just wanted to break up the horror-fest, but instead got a whole nuther kinda horror. Frodo is an weird dude.
5. Miami Vice - Mixed reaction. Sunny had a DISGUSTING mullet and mustache - have NO idea why they did that. Ugh. Rico was cool but hardly in it. Was WAY too much globe trotting, maybe shoulda stayed in Miami. BUT, was still pretty quality. Actually had a "big boss fight at end of movie in nighttime setting" that didn't make me sick. I dug the last shootout. You guys notice that though, how in MOST movies it seems the main fight at the end is at fucking night and its drawn out and boring? My thoughts at least. This one was good though.
On Deck: Munich and History of Violence.