Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Damn That's Cool!

I don't post so much Warmachine stuff lately, but I had to post this. PP is selling an alternate sculpt of the Dire Troll Mauler over their website that is hugemongous, and really cool (although funnily enough, I think it could be painted better). The comparison shot to the original model is cool. Fifty bones! Wow.

Damn I'm Stupid!

So me and three guys at work formed a mini-WoW CCG league today. We headed over to Games of Berkeley and each person picked up a starter deck and one booster. The limit is one booster per week, free trading. They're all super into CCGs and most of them played WoW before so it should be cool.

One of the guys read the rulebook and pointed out an error I'd made that was so elemental, it simultaneously made me feel moronic and greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the game. I'd thought that you could ONLY use a class ability if your character had that talent, ie I thought that Priests with the Holy talent could not use Shadow spells. Suddenly I can use all of my cards! I am chagrined yet pleased.