Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yeah.. so I was going to call you today. But, my phone was dead. Well.. not my phone, but the new earpiece thingy I've been trying out. What you say? I seem to have found the magicke number of times you can drop a motorola flip phone before the thing starts to not work so well (as in, can't hear shit from the earpiece speaker). So.. enter the earpiece. The interesting dynamic is that now I feel like I'm juggling with the recharge schedule.. gotta recharge one, then the other.. and THEN use them together.

Anyway. Yehaw.

The Tacoma house FINALLY got rented. Sweet tap dancing Jesus on a dumptruck! Another couple of months of no renters was really going to make things interesting.. so I'm glad that got handled. Added bonus (did I already say this?) .. found out our asshole neighbors have been helping themselves to our water and power, so we got a sixty dollar bill on our friggin VACANT HOUSE. Unbelievable. We lodged a complaint with the owner of the house (yeah, like that's going to do anything but shit-all nothing). But, I care a lot less about that 60 bucks now that we've got sweet, sweet renters paying the mortgage again. Nice.

Michelle had her first I.V. transfusion treatment today, made her all stupid for about 4-5 hours afterward, so we're going to have to figure something out about scheduling these things due to my school schedule. This new treatment program is about 95% effective, but is about 20% covered by the insurance company because it's "out of plan". Yay, us! We collectively decided that "Fuck it." was the correct response, because if it really works.. who cares what it costs. A life with no symptoms, pain or suffering? Hard to put a price tag on that.

As for school, I've gone through all my introductory "first classes" except for one more on Thursday night, which is an upper division nutrition class that I'm really looking forward to taking. I was a bit freaked out about my class load this semester, but after getting the basic overview from my professors as to what we'll be doing, and what's expected, I'm a whooooole lot less stressed. This is actually going to be a pretty cool set of classes that won't require rediculous amounts of homework.. so I'm definately down with that. My favorite class is going to be a back of house management and professionalism class that will have us in the UNLV kitchens for about 10 weeks learning under a master executive chef. Kickass! Get my own chef's uniform and everything. Wheeee!

Eric, I need to talk to you boss. If there is a time that works better than others tomorrow, give me a hollah. Being a fellow man with kid, I know that a poorly timed phone call can send me into a fit of anger as I'm 2 seconds away from putting Haylee to bed and the phone rings, waking her up. LOL. If I don't hear from you first, I'll try calling you maybe just before lunch-ish.

~Cap'n O.

P.S. I demand Ryan's snorkel picture be brought back. Plus, a bath for Aaron.