Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Koff, koff. I hate being sick. I was at work for all of three hours today. It was nine million degrees and I had a pounding headache; also there wasn't much going on anyway. Since coming home I've been alternating between rest, painting miniatures, watching Dodgeball (which sucks), and having mammoth nosebleeds.

For you mini painters, I found a good time-saving trick today that I didn't know about (maybe everybody else does though). Get yourself a size 2 flat brush. It makes applying even basecoats on things like large armor plates and cloaks go so much faster, it's disgusting. Easily twice as fast, and better-looking, than the coverage with a regularly shaped brush.

Aeryk I am liking the BGG comments so far. C'mon the rest of you dudes, all of you have at least a few board games. Get over there and join the fun! I wish people were playing more board games because lately I find myself going to the google spreadsheet every few hours, and being sad because it's only updated once every few days or so... maybe we can add board game lists as extra sheets to the current spreadsheet.

I used to be pretty into modern interactive fiction (ie, modern games written in the style of the old Infocom games like the Zork series), so I was interested to see Inform 7, which is the newest version of an IF development language whose previous versions I used to be fairly proficient with. The previous versions of Inform were C-like, object oriented languages. The new version is a major overhaul, a rule-based language in which you code in an interesting natural language style. For any of you guys interested in those type of games or just programming languages in general it's worth a look: Nostalgia Now!