Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bio-nic 6!

A-on and Art: I tend to disagree aron. Ethanol is still existing especially in the midwest states where Corn croppin farmers are more prevalent. Ethanol was doomed to fail due to it's incompatibilities with the cars that used it(in pure 100 Ethanol) and the industries unwillingness to adapt to Ethanol in 10% form. It slowly died out as gas prices dropped, but I think now with Petroleum prices ever higher, I think it's not out of the question Ethanol will make a resurgence. However I THINK, because Ethanol innately still has problems and cause potential damages to cars, plus the inefficient yield ratio of energy from crops, ethanol will never become a substitute for petrol.
HOWEVER, I think Biodiesel is an ENTERIELY new story. I foresee this substance as the next substitute for diesel. Maybe it won't be big for the US, because most of our cars are non-diesel, although we still use 60 billion gallons of diesel each year. And it's a shame, because in continents like Europe and South america, countries are leading in Biofuel acceptance.

I call it the next Boba.