Monday, June 06, 2005

Another feather in the hat..

The hat forged by Satan.

Well, some thought it would never happen, others falsely claimed it was imminent on hundreds of occasions, but it finally transpired. By word of Steve "I'm Steve" Jobs at the WWDC Keynote, Apple will phase out the use of IBM PowerPC processors in their Macs and switch to Intel. Boooo-urns... I had been holding my breath that if this had to happen, the contract would go to AMD. No Dice. Word is out on the street that the conversion should be fairly seemless, unlike the oh so "Damn I'm Smooth; I'm so smooth I gotta beard on my hands" transition from the Old 680x0 Motorola chips to PowerPC.

Quote of the day:
" I felt something, a disturbance in the network, as if a million mac zealots cried out in horror and were suddenly silenced. Sorry, just seemed appropriate." -Anonymous Slashdotter

In other news. Wine is my nemesis right now. Stupid lack of self control. Go to Napa and spend money will you. Asshole!

No gnews is good gnews without Gary Gnews