Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ramblings

- Got a DVD today called Still Reigning, which is live footage of Slayer playing their masterpiece album Reign in Blood in it's entirety. During the song, Reign in BLood, which is the last song on the album, they had a stage prop that rained "blood" on the band as they performed. I was filled with nostalgia, giddiness, and awe. There's something powerful in a band that feels they can pull that off on stage, and then when it's all done and said, it's as if it was a long time coming for something like that. I don't know what I'm saying, but it was effective and cool.

- Played a mess of Up Front against myself before leaving for 5 days on a fun family NoCal get away weekend. Sometimes the Germans won, sometimes the Americans did. But the real winner is me, for playing a card game by myself, against myself.

- My allergies have been taking a crap in my head recently. No me gusta.

- Our old house on Highland has been somewhat gutted and redone with a new kitchen, bathroom, and some new floors and fixtures. The woman wants 150% of what we sold it to her for in November. I can't even concieve she will get that price, but then again, I thought we were crazy to sell for what we did. Shows how much I know, and I am kinda currently making it my profession!

- Good Luck Mike on your final lecture of your UCLA stint on Friday! Party hearty! And WTF with the certain dinner party you were attending a few weeks back? Did it go swimmingly?

- Yeah, stay away from Fremont, Johnny. That place is fucking nuts right now. Unless you go come prepared with the magneto-repello codpieces. Those things are lifesavers.

- There should be a comic, movie and TV show based on the short story Fuck, by Jon Petersen. The best part of the franchise would be the action figures. Those would be the hit of ComicCon! English Mike with Skull-Fuck Action! JP with Leather Jacket and Lifelike Track Marks! Posie with Sidekick South Africa Philip! In stores now!

- Taking an extension class at UCLA this summer. "Entrepreneurship and Starting a New Venture" class. It's in Royce Hall, so I will feel like a real UCLA student who went to Big Boy School!