Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mutiny with the 8th graders.

So, many of you may or may not know, I am teaching 8th grade right now at Jefferson Middle School in Torrance. Last Friday, I had a substitute, and he wrote a note that included the following statement, "I will never come back and sub this class ever again." Whatever.

Come to find out that not only were the kids bad during class, they were also horrible and disrespectful during an assembly that day. I found this out after school on Monday. On Tuesday, I was planning on working with them on the persuasive essay and jsut screwing around until the end of school, but in light of the new information about the bahavior at the assembly, I decided to have them write a persuasive essay about why they think they deserve 8th grade activities at the end of the year. Mind you, these activities are supposed to be fun, but they are not entitled to it. The parties and stuff are rewards.

Well, this pissed off the kids somethin' awful and now there is this whole teacher versus student anger going on. 1) Take responsibility for your behavior, you turds. 2) Stop trying to defend your indefensible behavior, you little shits. 3) Stop pissing me off.

More to come on this, I am sure. I am never having kids. They all grow up to be 13 or 14 years old at some point.