Monday, April 04, 2005

Chinese, Japanese, Phillopinonese???!

Friday night roast beef dinner at Janice's was wonderful. Sharing a good meal the day before parting to the philipines, with 5 good friends was more than anything to ask for. Aaron brought over a nice white zin called "obsession" that had a nice fruity blend with a little wine zest. It had a perfumy taste as well, staying true to the name, maybe... it was perfume. Had a little wine and cheese for appetizers (jazz musac in the foreground). Good ol Jon brought the party games and Amy and Janice brought the flare. I, of course, brought nothing, except good wishes and will, which sufficed. All is well in the world.

Today, April 4th, all is hot and musty in Cavite city. I visited the place that I will be staying in. The place was monikered "Casa Blanca" but i'm not really sure whence the name came from or occured. There were no "white" anything in sight of 50 miles, except perhaps those on white panties hanging on clotheslines. And the sight of clotheslines, visible in the driveway did not bode well in my mind while our car drove into the gated community. I think if they renamed it simply "casa" would have been more appropriate. Anyhow, they are having air conditioning units installed. The interior was okay, a little better than what I expected. It's a middle class community I guess. So anyhow, no dryers or washers, so I guess it's the ol paddling board and clotheslines... (crying) but luckily we also employ a maid in our service. Doh.

Okay... that's all for now. I hope the experience is worth the suffering I will endure for the next 3 months.

over and out.

Jonny