Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Well.. fuck.


My plans to attend the Con in early December just took a major turn for the worse because of my in-laws making the mother of all F-ups. Sigh. I got clearance to take some time off from the boss around Christmas to go down to Vegas because the inlaws said they would help us out financially with Michelle being out of work for 3+ months and our budget being really, really tight. Well, instead of having us leave Thursday morning prior or Wednesday night and coming back on Tuesday morning... they bought tickets leaving at the crack of dawn on Wednesday and coming back on the red-eye (3am arrival, feh!) which more or less means I gotta now go BACK to the boss again and rearrange days off and fuck with everyone's holiday schedule.

Because they insist on buying such tickets from brokers, there is a fee to change the tickets for the broker AND the airline, which would cost a minimum of about $200 to fix this mess.. not including any increases in airfare.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to give up my 3 day weekend trip for the Con weekend in order to try and mend some of this up with the boss, fellas.. sorry. =(

Feh. I'm not happy about this at all.