Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Chill Redux

Ya guys, I REALLY wanna try and run a NWN game for the group. I'm almost done with my album (1 week maybe?) and then I'll be free to waste my time doing jack SHIT! And anyways, I'm really digging all the stuff in the Firefly Mod for NWN, and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't know shit about Traveller D20, but there's a free Lite version available, so I'll check that out, AND I'm gonna try and get into one of the Firefly campaigns someone is already running, just to see how combat and the different skills work out. The few campaigns running are supar-roleplaying stylee, ie lots o' acting, etc, but I'm more interested in seeing how the mechanics work. The files that the guy gives in his campaign hak include the main ship, a few others (shuttles, etc) and a HUGE town, some smaller ones, and some bases. I'm just now starting to watch some tutorials on the toolset, but if this actually gets close to being something I can do, I'll dive deeper into (and ask jon n crew lots of questions.)

Easy-Bake synopsis for those who ain't familiar wit the show: You'd basically be a crew of smugglers/traders/adventurers-for-hire in a realistic sci-fi/western setting. Ya. We'll see. I wanna raid my old Buck Rogers modules for some ideas. Also, someone is using the ModernD20 mod for a Fallout mod that looks pretty sweet - they're german's though, so who knows if/when/and how the english version'll turn out.

Going to the Eygptian Theater on Thursday for a Wizard of Oz/Good' the bad, and the Ugly Double Feature! YAR!