Friday, July 23, 2004

Lovely.

We're having a heatwave/drought right now and it got well over 90 degrees with humidity.  I just talked to Michelle and she said the thermostat reads 88 degrees upstairs.  Now, I kind of expected things to get that warm at this point in the afternoon.. but I'm really waiting to see how long it takes for the house to cool down tonight.  I just finished installing two ceiling fans, a storm/screen door and setting up three box fans to blow out the hot air in hopes that it might bring things down to a non-furnace level relatively quickly.  The problem with the house is that it's pretty efficient at retaining temperature.. so it stays nice and cool despite it being hot out side for a while, but ultimately can't keep out the heat (by about 3pm) and starts getting rediculously hot.. and holds onto that heat until about 10pm or so despite it being MUCH cooler outside and having fans setup.    New and improved circulation/vent/blower system at Rancho Arturo is undergoing it's first dry run and test as we speak.

At least it's livable downstairs I guess.  But, tonight we will measure how long it takes to cool down the house with improvements done this week.  I may kill myself if all this work does absolutely no good for all the time and money I've spent.  They say it will pass in just a day or two and be back down to the 70's again which will be thuper. 

Adios mi compadres con queso!  Buen iguana y todos los llamas tambien.

Love,

O-Rugs