Wednesday, April 07, 2004

white wolf vs anne rice vs capcom!

Just saw Underworld - ya erlick, it wasnt that bad! I dunno how I'd feel about it in a theater, but it was definately enjoyable on dvd. Now you said this movie wouldn't be without White Wolf, but my question is: doesn't white wolf's vampyre universe owe a lot to anne rice and her angle on vampires? I've never read her books, but having seen the shity "interview with a vampree" movie and shit like that, didn't she take the typical dracula story and make it even more romantic and "aristocrical" (did i ivent that word?) than bram stroker? And then even Buffy, which takes a lead from those more contemporary v. ampirignton stories, didn't all of these other things influence White Wolf's universe? I totally see the whole white wolf connection (here's the plan: kill all the vampires) with the whole Vampire/Where?wolf war thingy, but thats only part of the whole image n shit. BTW, I didn't like the movie enough to watch it again with commentary, but I wonder if they ever give credit or acknowledge Vampire:Teh Masteraid games/books/etc...

I thought the main dude looked pretty lame when he was "transformed" at the end. He looked like that dude in that shitty old comedy Soul Man. BUt, ya, pretty cool flick.

Man, you're watching all kinds of crap since you got netflix, huh? :)

I enjoyed From Hell enough, but the comic is SO freakin good. The movie is alright, but it aint got SHIT on the book. Johnny Depp is the shit though. "Savvy!" :(

Ya menz - lets do drive con! I'm in. I don't know if I'll prereg for the con, but I probably should. Maybe I can meetup with some of you'z when you have your secret gaming sessions so I can see what games u guys signed up for etc.

I dunno about the new Descendents - I saw it at Aomeba the other day - ehhhh. I can't imagine it being good, but who knows. "You suck! Mr. Buttfuck!" Alright! YES!