Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Sadly, I am Not a Member

- Can't read the story cause I don't want to register with the NYTimes, but I bet it's good.

- I still remember Jon's response to the offer of playing Cashflow at GenCon, "Johnny, it's called Cashflow." Then we didn't play it. Until I convinced Jon to play once at my hizouse. Our game is currently in stasis but his trucker certainly had a rough go of it. His best move (other than marrying the wife that made him spruce up the house and go on vacations when they couldn't afford it) was to find himself close to bankruptcy and then thinking that buying a boat for $17,000 (actaully pretty cheap!) would help his situation! That was a fun and funny game, particulary when the nerd in us brought role-playing elements to the table. We should all play sometime, it's fun!

- I heard about that Atari documentary (ah yes, my documentary). Atari people were living the lives of rockstars, and one of the most memorably scenes in the show was the Atari-staff jacuzzi filled with ugly programmer nerds and beautiful golddigging women.

- I love hockey. I love the Kings. I would say close to 25 million in players salary is on the IR right now (out of something like a 35million roster) and they still refuse to quit. Only 4 losses in the last 20 games or something like that. Unbelieveable. For those out of the recent loop: Norstrom, Visnovsky, Miller, Brown, Deadmarsh, Palffy, Straka, Allison are all out with injuries, so we have a VERY solid minor league team pretending to be the Kings... but Dog Bless 'em, they are playing their hearts out every night.