Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Ah yes the wide world of spelling. My friend...

In related news, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Ken "Caesar" Fisher @ ArsTechnica.com


Jon and Ry: I figured that would both entertain and piss you off... It's an from an article about misspelled words in on-line bidding. I guess some people will look for misspelled bids intentionally and bid low. No one else sees the bid because they are searching for items with the correct spelling. Then they will turn around and put it back up for auction with the correct spelling and make a killing on the resale. Check it out.

Rudy: I keep having a tough time getting into Quicksilver too. I will proabbly try it again soon. I am just hoping that it is a slow opener.

Ry: I have three words for you. "I'm Feelin' It!" Fuck! That sucked. Screw you all for constantly reminding me to sing the song in my head for 5 days straight. Jerks.

Elrock: I am not sure about the iPod, but I know that the algorithm used by WinAmp is configurable. They call it the "Morph Rate" which is basically an Intelligent Agent they tries not to make sudden change ups in style. I am not sure what they use for the determination of song types, but basically it changes the level of randomness. The Faster the morph, the more random. Maybe the iPod has something similar. It could also just be a bad random number generation program.

All: Unemployment does not rule. I am going stir crazy.

You guys are da best. You are even better than burger king.