Wednesday, February 19, 2003

target=display

Oops! I didn't realize someone had already posted it- sry. Man, its only been 1 official day of being work-less and I'm feeling pretty worth-less. I went to work and got my last $800 bucks or so, did my taxes online- expecting somewhere around $400 bucks from that, and I signed up for the unemployment (they said it takes about 10 days to kick in or whatever- do i need to go to some office or something!?!?) Weird times.

But, been having some fun with the Battlefield1942 demo- think Halo crossed with every other WW2 game- well, but with sucky man v man combat. I honestly think Wolfenstein has the sweetest 1st-person ww2 engine going- all the others seem weird and clunky- BUT, man the vehicles in BF42 are SO cool- way cooler than Halos (or at least pretty equal.) The planes rock- real easy to figure out but still enough of a learning curve to keep the complete n00bs away- tanks and jeeps and boats are sweet too. The biggest problem with the game is that its SUPER system intensive- I mean, it takes SOOOOOOOO long to friggin load the one stupid demo map- INSANELY long. Once its loaded its cool - as long as the server you got into is good- if its not, you've got to wait forever to try the next one.

eh- what to do with myself...