Sunday, January 05, 2003

Inaction Team

Hey Ja-el, still want to move to Minnesota (a.k.a. Boston, Massachussets) with me? I'm planning on moving in the fine month of Febru-ary, aka next month. LET'S ROCK! However, I have a hunch that you were just feeling temporary bitterness from your living situation and your desire to move to the frozen East is not really genuine. Alas.

I'm trying to move as soon as possible. I haven't had any luck finding a, you know, job-type job yet, but hopefully I can dig up at least something temporary and then actually find something real once I'm in the place itself. Living at home is starting to drive me insane. Everybody else too. My sister has been home for three weeks too, everybody basically avoids each other. I'm thinking of taking up smoking just as a reason to go outside.

I'm reading a book of short stories by a guy named Raymond Carver. HE ROCKS! No, unfortunately his stories are not about large-breasted space robots or anything like that. They are about soul-defeating relationships and alcoholism. But he is one of my new favorite authors. His stories just stick in your head.

Secret note to Rudy Mannings: I looked at the excerpt of Quicksilver in the new version of Cryptonomicon and dude, it sucked! I only glanced at it in the bookstore, but I don't know, it looked boring. Maybe if I actually read it it'd be better.