Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Cool Music Shit: Pro-Tools M-Box

There's this kick-ass piece of gear called the M-Box (INFO). Anyways, its like $450 at a Guitar Center- I can get it from the manufacturer (cuz I work for a studio) for only $250. Anyways, my buddy has one and he lent it to me tonight to see if it'd run on my PC, and it does! Its pretty sweet. Jael- I know you're using PT Free which is cool- its only 8 tracks though. This is 32 tracks- the little box has 2 inputs, digital inputs, built-in mic pres, - its pretty killer! I'm running WinXP on my shitty 566 P3 with 192megs of ram (thats the minimum to run PT.) I'm totally stoked on it. The biggest bummer about it is that you only have 2 inputs- kinda hard to close-mic a drum kit- I guess you could do a stereo-pair or something, but eh- BUT, for overdubs and editing and even mixing, pretty sweet! Its USB so it does have a limit as far as your plug-in usage, but there are work around etc... I ain't no salesman for them- I'm just so stoked that it actually ran on this POS computer! I'm SO gonna get it! :)

Eat More Fleshington

Super Congrats to you Jon! So awesome man! You've got stuff I've read thats leaps and bounds better than the Zombie one (which is really good too!), so I know this is only the start. Good job pal! :)