Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Shock the Monkey

Tomorrow I *get* to go to this Microsoft function in Anaheim, check-in is at 7:30am at the Anaheim Sheraton I think. Christ. However, these functions are those things that developers go to to learn about all the new products being released, so I'll attend seminars and get a big bag of swag. And lots of free food, too. The swag bag has contained everything from pre-release versions of XP, .NET, all sorts of office products and pamphlets as well as some books, so maybe I'll score and get something to make the drive worthwhile.

I picked up "The Thing" for the PS2 (along with 1000ft of CAT 5 cable... don't ask). The game got great press during development, but so far, as with so many other games out there, it is disappointing. I would much rather be playing Crimsonland. I haven't given up on it yet though.