Thursday, August 29, 2002

Greastest Hambuger.... classic, just classic.

So instead of actually GOING to the Microsoft function in Anaheim, I didn't go. I did get to hear about it from the guys that did go however. The big hubub was about "Small Business Server", which seems actually pretty cool. Its more of a Suite of Servers, if you will; lots of services from multiple products all rolled into one! Hooray! And with a price tag in the range of $1500 -$2000, how could anyone say no? As far as swag is concerned, I did get a Microsoft notepad, so thats something. I'm signed up to go to another one in September (they are free) at some LAX hotel, so that'll be nice and close. Great.

I took and passed my final Microsoft exam today, and now am an official MCSE. Hooray for me. I celebrated by fighting the worst traffic ever on Crenshaw and hit up Bo Ba Paradise for a nice large coffee and black tea twist. I followed that refreshing delight by hitting up Third Planet and picking up LoEG v2.1 and 2.2, GI Joe trade paperback vol. I, a Hellboy trade, and a silly WotC (english) Football card game. I'm a sucker for games that try and traverse the gap between sports games and nerd games.