Monday, September 10, 2012

The best thing about DC Heroes was that the fighting was very much based around console beatemups, you know, strong attack, weak attack, ranged and jump. It played well with a controller. Other than that, it was as bad as every other mmorpg. Something clicked/dislodged in my brain, and I just can't enjoy those kind of games anymore. I can't unsee the obvious "carrot on a stick" design and I don't think they respect players time. That sounds so dramatic :) Bonus suck for my DC experience was I played it the week it went free to play, and you had to patch in-game some ridiculously huge multi-gig update that crawled because they were obviously being slammed.

Picked up 1960: The Making of the President. Supposed to be a little lighter than Twilight Struggle but still very good.