Tuesday, September 11, 2012

| Fire Balls

I had the same malware warning about 2 months ago. eLzar and I chatted about it and figured it was erroneous. A few days after, I stopped getting the message and haven't seen it since. I suspect it is a false positive, but who knows.

Pump: I have been looking at a new kindle too; however, I am looking at the Paperwhite ($139 no ad variety). I already have an iPad and while I really like it for a lot of reasons, it is not really the best for reading books/PDFs and I can't use it for takeoff and landing on flights (damn FAA). It's just a bit too heavy to hand hold in a reading position for too long. Plus, the screen washes out in the sun. I suspect the Kindle Fire suffers a similar set of limitations.

FYI: For the first year, Fire HD 8.9: owners can pay $50 once for 250MB/month. After that year ends they go to a traditional data plan by AT&T. Monthly plans normally cost $15/month, totaling to $180/yr.

Yay DCC!

D>M>