Sunday, August 26, 2012

| Thank you Lord, for giving me the strength to defeat Diablo

I don't think I went to see College Jeopardy with you... must've been some other webjr0n. Actually the only time I remember going to see a show taping was Freshman year of college when my dorm went to go see the taping of a Richard Jenner pilot called "Platypus Man" (that obviously didn't make it to full production). We didn't even get in to the show, though, I think we were right exactly at the cutoff where they told us nobody else could get in and we had to go home. I think that was basically the only social thing I did in college.

I am ill. I may have caught Peter Plague at GenCon. Blackheart had a really bad cold and fever that laid him low the first two days of the convention. He literally spent all Thursday in bed and all of Friday until 8:00 PM when he perked up and was seemingly back to normal. Also the wife and kid were sick with a separate cold. So I was fucked any way you look at it. Friday I started feeling crappy and yesterday and today I have zero energy and mental capacity. Fortunately Diablo 3 fits the bill perfectly for days like this and I beat it!

They added some sort of "fun patch" recently that made a lot of tweaks. I think it's mostly stuff you notice at the super-high, "wahhh-I-played-for-120-hours-and-I'm-out-of-things-to-do" crowd, but I did notice that the rares I got for killing bosses and such became much more useful, whereas pre-patch I think those things mostly went into the trash. The game also got a lot more fun after I switched away from the Witch Doctor to Demon Hunter. Witch Doctor had so many summoned toads, frogs, dogs, zombies and shit on the screen at once that it was total visual overload for me, whereas the Demon Hunter pretty much has one buddy and just goes around shooting stuff. Nice and simple.