Friday, August 31, 2012

Cute! Wow, second grade! I bet it simultaneously seems like a long time and no time at all, huh? In October it will have been a year since my kid came bustin' out, and it already seems like forever/no time. We were looking at photos from when she was, like, two months old and it's amazing how she totally looks like some random, different kid in those pictures.

Anyone catch Eastwood's chair performance last night? I haven't been able to get through it, I watch a few seconds and then have to turn it off.

The RNC generally seemed like a bit of a clusterfuck. Of course, I'm hardly an unbiased observer, but it seems like between "This is how we feed the animals!", all the creepy women/rape/abortion subtext going on, Clint's performance art/senior moment, and seeming to totally piss off the Ron Paul wing of the party (any thoughts on that fArt? I know you like the man), it was more of a disunity convention than anything else. It really feels like this cycle is kind of the experimental jam session for the Repubs with your up-and-comers like Christie, Rubio and Ryan angling for the main event in 2016. Of course anything can happen between now and November, and the effect of millions and millions of billionaire dollars and voter suppression can't be predicted, but at this point I am confident that Obama will pull out a win.

On a less political note ("Everything is political" - JP M___), anyone a fan of Eastbound and Down? I've plowed through the first two seasons and holy shit, I love it SO MUCH. Danny McBride hasn't impressed me before, but he's so good in this show. His absolutely unblinking, unwavering commitment to every piece of nonsense that comes out of his mouth is what sells it.

iAeryk: see you tomorrow! I forgot to tell you, Enr0n and I are going to shit on your dining room table and punch you in the dick. Happy birthday!