Sunday, August 05, 2012

I liked DKR a lot! I saw it twice and actually liked it even better the second time around. I appreciated how ambitious the movie got, and how cool is it to see one of these superhero franchises actually end, rather than just peter out? And it ended on a good note too.

Weirdly, I couldn't shake the feeling that Bane looked like enr0n's brother. "I liked the part when Joker punched you into the applesauce!"

Update: re Summoner Wars: although I pull out the occasional win here and there, in general I'm finding SW to be a demoralization app, especially against ja-el! And he always goes within 5 seconds of me finishing my move, no matter what time it is! Holy shit man, have you uploaded your consciousness into the Plaid Hat servers or something, leaving your meat flesh behind? Anyway, I'm sure you guys could do well for yourselves at the tourney, but there's no way I'm spending that much of my day to get clobbered by people who *might* even be better than you guys! See, this is why everyone needs to go to GenCon. :)

I'll stick to bringing my physical copy and teaching the guys how to play -- maybe I can score a win off two off their n00bishness before they inevitably learn to destroy me.