Sunday, August 05, 2012

| Death:TheRise

Saw Batman:therise AKA Dark Knight On The Rise this past week. It was excellent. The 2nd movie in the trilogy is probably my favorite, just because that Joker was so friggen creepy and awesome, but this latest chapter was pretty kick ass itself. I'd like to watch it again, but I'll wait for TV for that. It was deeper and darker than The Avengers, but not as much fun. Still, it wasn't fully emo'd out and had some good action and moments of levity.

Also rented The Muppets 2011 and watched it yesterday. Loved it! I don't remember much of the older Muppets movies or even the show, but it was just really happy and funny and heart warming. It's funny because while I was watching it, some of the original songs so EXACTLY like Flight of the Conchords songs. I was thinking "wow, their style of funny song writing has really made an influence." Turns out though that Brett from the Conchords was the music supervisor and wrote 4 of the 5 original jams. It's totally their songs, it's uncanny!

Also saw recently Haywire which was pretty good. Sorta like Hanna but a little more mainstream. The action was SUPER brutal. Contagion, which was just so-so. It didn't seem dark enough. Spoiler alert, it's about a wide spread pandemic or whatever that kills millions, but it never felt as grim as I imagine that shit would really get if it happened for realsies.

----

Great Summoner Wars games going on. Jael is a goddamn brute and always seems to smite me even when I'm THIS close to smacking him down. I have some major tunnel vision with that game and seem to plan all my strats in a vacuum where the other player never summons on their turn. "Ok, next turn I'll move these dudes here and there and BLAM, I'll get him!" Next turn, opponent summons shit in all my lanes and presses my Summoner, jacking up my plans! Gah! Gen Conners - I still think you should do the tourney there. I imagine the 5 hour time limit is if you're winning and going all the way to the finals - not that you can't do it, but let's keep it realsies.

----

Never been stung by a bee, let alone a HORNET! Or a wasp? I don't know which one is supposed to suck that most but none of 'em sound fun.

----

All you Action Team parents, have fun with the teenage years! It's REALLY FUN. Trust me, it'll be a total cake walk. /emowristslit